Happy to have had a great turn out for the 4th NyingmaNet session on May 8. The session featured voices from the next generation of community members, including interviews featuring Ignacio Ercole and Amira-Sade Moodie, participants in the Mindful Living Program, based at Mangalam Center, Berkeley and Charlotte van Leeuwen who initiated classes for young adults in the Amsterdam Nyingma Center. Adrian Roman, one of the organizers of the Mindful Living program led a practice based on Full Presence Mindfulness.
We are nearly complete with our first season of NyingmaNet and will decide in the next few weeks how to continue. What do you think? We appreciate hearing from you through the contact form. Thank you!
You’ll find the program below for the fifth NyingmaNet, coming up Friday May 15:
- Judy Rasmussen will report on the recently completed prayer flag silkscreening project done in the Padma Ling parking lot, complete with pictures.
- Abbe Blum interviews Sylvia Lyra, on the Executive Counsel of Centro Nyingma in São Paulo, on a passage in Rinpoche’s books that she has used in these difficult times.
- Sylvia Lyra will also lead a practice.
- Rosalyn White, co-director of Ratna Ling and a thanka painter for many years, describes how sacred art carries on the tradition of Nyingma wisdom teachings.
- Ineke Smits, from the Dutch center, leads a brief Vajra Guru Mantra chant.
We warmly invite you to join us for this next NyingmaNet, Friday May 15:
8.00-8.45 am in California, 12.00-12.45 am in Brazil, 5.00-5.45 pm in Europe, 8.30-9.15 pm in India.
Please feel free to pass along this message to friends and neighbors. For security reasons, please ask them to join by signing up here, rather than giving them the zoomlink. Thank you!
Together our Nyingma organizations offer a very rich array of online courses, retreats and workshops that will sustain your practice in difficult times. Check out the links and a helpful calendar overview on our website.
Looking forward to welcoming you back May 15.
NyingmaNet editorial team
Elske van de Hulst